Saturday, September 16, 2017

vSphere 6.5 - I/O error accessing change tracking file

Recently, I had to migrate a set of VMs from one vCenter server to another.   I was able to successfully migrate the dev and staging VMs without a problem.  This process took 15 minutes TOPS including reboots.

Of course, when I went to power up the production VMs, I received the following error through the Web Client:

I/O error accessing change tracking file


This error was a bit deceiving, a quick look at the error showed a familiar error:

Cannot open the disk '/vmfs/volumes/ or one of the snapshot disks it depends on.



This error message pointed me directly to the vmdk with the error and I was able to perform the steps in the following KB to resolve this issue.

https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=2009244

No comments:

Post a Comment